You'r Search

Custom Search

Wednesday 18 March 2009

Get More Clicks With Google AdSense

I have been a member of Google AdSense for a while now and almost daily I hear the the question from other website owners "I have Google AdSense but I'm not getting very many clicks, what should I do?" Well I'm tired of answering these questions individually so I've decided to make a guide on how to utilize Google AdSense to get the best results.

1. Strategically place your ads

I have done many, many experiments with my AdSense and have figured out what the best place for my AdSense is. I have had the most success using two types of ad placement. The first is to place your AdSense in a vertical skyscraper to the left of your text. I can't be absolutely sure why this works, but I believe it is because people read from right to left so every time they finish reading a line of my content their eyes instantly return to the left of the page and see the ads once again. The next successful ad placement is a horizontal banner in-between the content of your page. I believe this works for me because in order for people to continue reading the content of my page they have to look at the ads. Note: These ad placements work best for "ME", and I am still experimenting to make sure I get the most of my AdSense. That being said, I recommend you perform numerous experiments every week to see what works best for you.

2. Don't have to many ads on a page

I see websites all the time that have pages with 75% ads and 25% content. This is a bad strategy because people will not only think your website is spam, but your Google AdSense will not always be relevant to your page content. If you have 200 words on a page and have three AdSense scripts usually only one of them is relevant to your page content because their just isn't enough information on the page for Google to read and decide what ads should be on your page. This is how I decide how many AdSense scripts I should have on a page.

1. 0-600 words = 0 AdSense
2. 600-800 words = 1 AdSense
3. 800-1200 words = 2 AdSense

You should only have 3 AdSense (which is the maximum allowed by Google TOS) on your page if your page is very popular and receiving many page views a day.

3. Search Engine Optimization

Now this isn't specifically about getting more clicks with AdSense but it is still very important in making money through Google. If you want to learn about search engine optimization (SEO) you can read my guide at Search Engine Optimization. You can also try our free webmaster tools to help optimize your website at The PC Line Webmaster Tools

4. Get your website more traffic

There are more ways than just SEO to get your website more traffic. For example; you can purchase traffic through available online services, you can participate in traffic exchange programs, and you can sign up in a banner exchange program. SEO is the most effective, but when you are starting out you should take traffic from anywhere you can get it.

Lastly I would just like to say, don't expect to make a lot of money from your website when you first start out. True, there are many people out there who make over 1000 dollars a month from their AdSense alone, but they have spent a lot of time experimenting and promoting their websites. When you first start out expect to maybe get one click a day which can pay between .05 and .50 cents depending on what topic you chose for your website. Only after months or even years can you expect to make over a hundred a month from AdSense. You have to spend time every day working and advertising your website if you want to be successful. Don't let this deter you, rather let it inspire you because now you know that it is possible to make some decent extra income from your websites.

http://www.thepcline.com/searchengineoptimization.htm
http://www.thepcline.com/website-analyzer-tools.htm


soure:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Get-More-Clicks-With-Google-AdSense&id=1430273

No comments:

Post a Comment